WE HAVE ENHANCED THE PHOTOGRAPHIC FUNCTIONALITY AVAILABLE ON ETECH’S MOBILE APPLICATIONS TO ENABLE USERS TO INCORPORATE PHOTOS FROM OTHER APPLE DEVICES OR FROM EXTERNAL CAMERAS.
The iPad is a great field assessment tool. However, when taking pictures on iPads for an EPC or Green Deal Assessment, some assessors would encounter a couple of issues:
- No flash is available on iPad making it difficult to take photos in dark conditions such as the loft
- The size of the iPad can make it cumbersome to use one handed, for instance when measuring and photographing insulation depth or wall reveals with a tape measure
The new functionality we have added to all our iPad Apps gives assessors three new ways of taking photographs and uploading them into our software on the iPad:
- Take photographs on an iPhone and via iCloud, share the images with the iPad
- Take pictures on a digital camera and import the pictures to the iPad using an iPad compatible aftermarket memory card reader
- Invest in a wi-fi enabled camera such as the Samsung NX that will share images wirelessly with the iPad
How to select photos from iCloud or that have been imported from another device:
- Within Smart Survey, when prompted to take a photo – tap on ‘Select’
- At the bottom of the pop-up window tap on the ‘External’ button where you can select the photo you require.
We’ll be running some technical online webinar sessions for anybody interested in the functionality. If you would like to take part please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to news