Read the special feature in the November issue of Mortgage Finance Gazette.
Read the online article here
Mark Blackwell, Lending and Surveying Services Director and the Mortgage Finance Gazette Lunch Club recently held a round table discussion on the topic of data and technology helping the industry to understand the value of housing assets and property risk.
Back row right to left: Alan Tomlinson, group chief valuer, Yorkshire Building Society Group; Simon Jackson, chief operating officer, SDL Group; Richard Groom, head of core data products, RICS; Steve Goodall, managing director, Legal & General Surveying Services; Paul Raycollins, risk and governance director, e.surv; Mark Blackwell, lending and surveying services director, eTech Solutions
Front row right to left: Terry Jordan, head of mortgages marketing, future Williams and Glyn, RBS; Jim Driver, managing director, eTech Solutions; Joanne Atkin, group editor, Mortgage Finance Gazette; Tony Ward, president and CEO, Clayton Euro Risk
The questions discussed:
- Will Brexit have much of an impact on the property market, property risk assessments and property values in general?
- How do you define property risk and do lenders take more interest in property risk now?
- How do lenders value their existing mortgage book?
- Why is non-standard construction a property risk?
- Do surveyors share information?
- How can you put the data together so it’s easy to access?
- Where do you see property risk in five years’ time?
- Are lenders interested in the state of properties in their mortgage books?
- How much is technology helping to combat fraud?
Back to news